Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday Update on The Bruery (4/16)

Location: I didn't know how difficult it would be to find a location to brew from, but I'm beginning to realize how picky I was being when I started my search on finding a place. Anyway, there are two possibilities in Huntington Beach that I'm working on. Hopefully next week I'll have a lease to look at.

Equipment: I'm now committed to the 17 bbl brewhouse after visiting it in Santa Rosa. I'll be paying in full later this week. Once I commit to a location, I'll put in the order for the fermenters.

Miscellaneous: I'll be at the Craft Brewers Conference in Austin this week. Here's the seminars I'll be attending:
• When Batch Size Doesn't Meet Fermenter Size, Dr. Michael Lewis, UC Davis
• Non-traditional Ingredients Panel, Randy Mosher (moderator), Randy Mosher Design; Todd Ashman, FiftyFifty Brewing Co.; Nick Funnell, Great American Restaurants; Bryan Selders, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
• Planning and setting up new breweries and brewery expansions, Fal Allen (moderator), Archipelago Brewery; Dick Cantwell, Elysian Brewing Co.; John Mallett, Bell’s Brewery Inc.; Mike Utz, Boulevard Brewing Co.
• Maintenance Needs and Resources, James Ottolini, Schlafly Beer
• Branding and Rebranding, Tomme Arthur (moderator), Port Brewing Co. and the Lost Abbey; Fred Bueltmann, New Holland Brewing Company; John Bryant, Odell Brewing Co.; Bump Williams, IRI
• Wholesaling Panel, Greg Koch (moderator), Stone Brewing Co.; Steve Hindy, Brooklyn Brewery; Jim Schembre, World Class Beverages/Monarch Distributing; Henry Monsees, Savannah Distributing
• Media Training, Julia Herz, Brewers Association
• Total Oxidative Exposure, Matt Gilliland, New Belgium Brewing Co.

There will be beer too! I'm looking forward to meeting the best of the brewing industry, and hopefully taking away invaluable tips as well.

No comments: