The Bruery Provisie is a "Beer Spa" and is set to open in early Fall of this year just two doors down from our current Tasting Room. Initially it will only be open to our current Society members, but there are plans to open new Provisie memberships in 2015.
The health benefits of hops have been well documented and the Humulus Lupulus extracts are used in many common lotions, oils and scrubs in the health industry already. Some amazing benefits include, but are not remotely limited to:
- The leaves of hops have been proven to help anxiety and sleep.
- In a 2009 study published by the Molecular Nutrition and Food Research journal it was shown that hop bitter acids affectively block inflammation, acting as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- It has been shown that hop extracts show strong inhibitory activities of the 5 most common strains of Acne, helping to clear skin.
- In 2012 the Journal of Phytochemistry reported that xanthohumol, an extract of the hops plant, can actually reduce glucose in your body, resulting in weight loss.
- Hop extracts have even been shown to inhibit cancer growth in some test cases.
We're aware that this is a pretty peculiar concept for a brewery, but we wouldn't be The Bruery if it weren't for peculiar concepts. Brewers and beer fanatics get a bad rap. Sure we might have longer beards, more tattoos and larger bellies than those in other industries, but that in no way means we don't care about our bodies and enjoy a little pampering from time to time.
The Bruery has always been committed to the health of our employees, many of whom work out at the local Crossfit, run in long distance races such as Ragnar or play in weekend sports leagues. This is just an extension of our commitment to a complete, healthy and exciting lifestyle and an opportunity to share that commitment with our friends and fans.
We'll soon be announcing more details about The Bruery Provisie, including information on tours and how to get on the waiting list for the 2015 memberships, but until then, please follow us on Facebook and drop by the Tasting Room to stay in touch.