Friday, July 20, 2007

Bootlegger's Brewery

I had lunch yesterday at the Yard House in Brea with Aaron Barkenhagen, the co-owner of Bootlegger's Brewery, soon to be brewing in Fullerton, CA. Aaron's brewery is near the Old Town area of Fullerton, on the other side of the tracks in a small industrial center. His place is about 3 miles from mine. He has a 7 bbl system, I believe manufacturered by DME, and he's starting out with an Extra Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, and an American IPA.

Aaron is well on his way to opening. When I visited, trenches were open for the installation of drains, and most of his equipment appears to be on-site. Aaron and I seem to be following the same path in having a tight budget for equipment, which is tough to do when used equipment is hard to come by. Some of the items we've both purchased have higher scrap value than what we've paid for them.

Aaron showed me his logo and label artwork, which looks great. I'm looking forward to his beers!

No comments: